Wellness Care for Adult Pets
Wellness care refers to:
• Wellness exams (once or twice a year)
• Annual blood work
• Examining fecal samples to check for parasites
• Preventive vaccinations
When you consider that pets age roughly seven years for every one year people age, bringing your pet in for
an exam twice a year would be equivalent to you seeing your doctor once every 3 1/2 years.
About our exams
What we are screening for, in addition to general good health, is the early detection and treatment of diseases
and disorders such as hypothyroidism (too little production of thyroid hormone) or hyperthyroidism (excess
production of thyroid hormone), early kidney or liver disease, presence of dental disease, etc.
The earlier we catch these or other problems, the better the chances are that your pet will live a longer,
From The Blog
- Acupuncture has been a core healing practice in...
- To the untrained eye of a pet parent, a wellnes...
- In a perfect world, our indoor cats would stay ...
- Aging happens to the best of us. Before you kno...
- As a mother of three, I am well acquainted with...